We are looking for a student worker to deliver high quality accommodation (mainly hotel) content.
You will be responsible for ensuring and improving the accuracy of accommodation information presented to our users.
The data cleansing analyst will be part of a new accommodation data team, which will be in charge of ensuring that the accommodation content we offer our users is the very best quality. Your task will be to make sure that accommodation content gathered from a wide-range of suppliers is successfully matched, meets a set of quality standards, and is categorised according to product needs, providing a large selection of high quality content for momondo.
Specifically, the Data Cleansing Analyst will:
- Manually match accommodation flagged for review by the matching system. Ensure the quality and accuracy of all accommodation data, including images, address and location data, descriptions, amenities and categories
- Investigate and resolve specific content quality issues, integrating missing accommodation information where needed. Report issues to ensure that we drive suppliers to manage and increase the quality of content, in order to reduce the effort required to match and clean any data
- Highlight improvements to the matching process and take part in addressing these to deliver a higher quality process
The minimum working hours per week are 12 to 15. You can work from home, but you must join us at the headquarters on Strøget in Copenhagen for some training and for some follow up sessions. Salary: 125 DKK/hour (gross).
Skills and background
As this is a student position, you must be studying a data or travel related subject (preferably), at university. You must also be:
- A passionate person who loves to focus on details and care about delivering high quality data through your work
- Happy doing a repetitive task in front of a screen
- Good at rolling up your sleeves and getting the job done
- Able to work independently and as part of a team focused on a common goal
- Flexible and able to work in an agile environment, where priorities and tasks can change very quickly
- Fluent in English
Experience with data cleansing is would be a big plus, as is familiarity with with accommodation terms or experience within an online travel agency.
momondo is a leading travel price comparison and travel inspiration site built on a rare blend of humanity and technology.
The ambition was, and still is, to create a global brand. Not merely a functionality, but a bold and colourful travel universe to inspire people to travel; to lower their guard, cross borders and open their minds. Ultimately, we believe that travelling is a way of breaking down boundaries between people, and we want to help facilitate this through complete price transparency across the market and by creating products people love to use.
You’ll join approximately 160 people from more than 30 different countries in our office on Amagertorv, in downtown Copenhagen. There’s a steep learning curve involved, and you’ll get the chance to push your skill set to the max – and add to it. We’re an enthusiastic and social bunch. We each have our quirks and character traits, we’re all passionate about our work, and we all take great pride in what we do.
Send your resume and a motivated application in English to email@example.com. Please add the job title as the subject line. If you would like to know more about the job please contact Patrizia Sieli at firstname.lastname@example.org.